Friday 17 January 2014

YSL Baby Doll Mascara Review

Hi my loves!

Okay, so a few weeks before Christmas I went shopping and ended up having a nosey around the YSL counter in John Lewis. I know naughty me, I should have been looking for other peoples presents! I also brought YSL Forever Youth Liberator Foundation in BR20 and the 

Touche Eclat Complexion Highlighter in the original shade, reviews yet to come. 


Anyway, I started talking to the man at counter about my wedding and how I have been looking for the perfect mascara. He suggested that I try the YSL Babydoll Mascara, even though I had informed him that I was looking for something waterproof. He informed me that the mascara was "tear proof" & I think he could tell I was a bit hesitant since it isn't marketed as water resistant/waterproof. He offered me a sample of it which I thought was great since I'd be able to try it out without paying £24.50 for the pleasure!

(YSL Babydoll Mascara - Sample Version)

As you can imagine organising a wedding is very stressful and one night when I was testing the mascara out, I had the opportunity to test it's tear proof technology! The mascara was awful! It clumped together, ran down my cheek and the product went into my eyes! Needless to say there is definitely no tear proof technology in this mascara!

I found it really disappointing as I had quite liked the application of it and the look I had achieved. It held a curl very well considering my lashes are poker straight although I did use a eyelash curler before I applied it - I use them with any mascara I use. It lengthened the lashes and gave a beautiful volume at the base whilst still managing a wispy look at the tips. 

If your looking for something that gives you nice volume and length whilst holding the curl this a lovely mascara. If however, you have watery eyes or think there's any possibility that you might cry (going to an emotional event) I would recommend you go with a waterproof mascara such as L'Oreal Telescopic False Lash Mascara Waterproof.

Check back on Monday for a Lifestyle blog, have a lovely weekend.

Bye bye xxx

Contributor - Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment